These Awards are designed to help offset expenses incurred to attend the IRTA 2019 Congress in Paris. If you are a trainee, allied health professional or resident of an emerging economy country, check the below criteria and APPLY !
The IRTA and TTS Congress Scientific Awards are designed to help offset expenses incurred to attend the IRTA 2019 Congress in Paris, France and awarded based on the scientific merit of applicants. Therefore, recipients must attend the meeting in order to receive the award. If an awardee is selected for a scientific award but does not attend the meeting, the monies of the award will be forfeited.
To be eligible for a scientific award, an individual must:
- Submit at least one abstract as a presenting
- Be either a trainee, allied health professional or resident of an emerging economy country (see below the TTS Emerging Nations List).
- Trainees must be within two (2) years of completion of their training and/or fellowship
- Emerging economy applicants must provide proof of residency
- As the IRTA and TTS provide awards for the 2019 Congress of the IRTA, you are required to be a member of EITHER the Intestinal Rehabilitation and Transplant Association or The Transplantation Society. If an applicant is not a member of either of the Societies, a membership application must be completed on the website, http://www.tts.org/ and accepted in order for the award application to be reviewed and considered. The membership application must be made prior to applying for the award.
- Trainee applicants must submit a supporting letter as a part of the award application. This letter must be signed by the applicant’s Training Program Director to verify the applicant’s status as a trainee. Applicants will not be considered for an award if the required letter is not sent. The applicant MUST be the presenting author. No exceptions will be made.
- Attend the designated award presentation session scheduled during the Congress to receive the award.
Process for bestowing the award:
- Awardees will be selected from the pool of eligible applicants based upon the abstract’s degree of excellence (top score), as determined by the IRTA and TTS.
- Every effort will be made to award at least one scientific award to an applicant from each of the six TTS geographic regions. The geographic regions are North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Middle East & Africa and Oceania.
- Awards may not exceed a maximum amount of $1,000 USD per awardee. A maximum of 5 awards from TTS and 5 awards from IRTA will be provided.
- Final selection of recipients will be approved by TTS and IRTA.
Requirements for receiving the award:
Awardees are required to submit a short summary of their experience at the Congress (300 words), and include a profile picture that can be used for Section Congress websites and/or Section promotion within two weeks of the completion of the Congress. Funds will not be transferred until the summary is received.
TTS Emerging Economy Nations List
Central African Republic
Congo, Democratic Republic of
Iran (Islamic Republic of)
Lao People’s Democratic Republic
Micronesia, Federated States of
Moldova, Republic of
Papua New Guinea
People’s Republic of China
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Syrian Arab Republic
Tanzania, United Republic of
Trinidad and Tobago